Town Web Site Committee Meeting Minutes 11-03-08
Town of Rhinebeck
November 13, 2008
- Kerri Kravetski
- Andy Schulkind
- Dave Kliphorn
- Bruce Washburn,
- Kathy Kinsella
- The 2009 approved own budget includes $4,016 PS for clerk services and $17,750 for consulting services
- Bruce is still working out a payment method for mail chimp
- Bruce requested training on website posting and editing for Recreation Committee representatives
- Kathy requested training for the Highway Department Secretary
- The committee needs to develop and draft a policy regarding posting access for the town board's review. The policy should establish minimum skill requirements and specify who can authorize training.
- There may be opportunities to access grants. Possibilities should be researched
- There is currently a shared services grant available. Kathy and Kerri will look into its applicability.
- The Tech committee generally assigns addresses for town personnel
- The Web committee needs a mailbox to manage on-line service requests
- The web administrator addressed will be used for on-line services
- The committee recommends that town board members should use town e-mail addresses for town business
- A survey has been drafted for posting on the site to solicit feedback from users. The following edits were suggested:
o Move question five to become question 2
o Question 8 should include the Village
o Drafted a "set-up" page explaining the survey to site visitors and requesting participation
- The changes were accepted. The survey should launch next week and be up through Monday, December 1.
- An e-mail message should be drafted to be sent to the Town e-mail group, announcing the survey
- The committee discussed the posted and modified dates that have been added to items on the site. Kathy relayed Joan's concerns that the modified date could cause confusion by implying a document had been changed when it was not. This could be a problem with documents that have legal meaning.
- The committee agreed to leave the posted dates on, as a reference for visitors, but remove the modified dates.
- If there are any changes in the information of a posted item, that should be noted in the text of the posting.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM
Respectfully Submitted: Kathy Kinsella