Recreation Committee Meeting Minutes 8-31-11
Town of Rhinebeck
August 31, 2011
Present: Bruce Washburn, Rhonda Hammond, Tom Connolly, John Imperato, David Miller, Katie Clark, Joe Kupiec and Kurt Quackenbush
Absent: Sarah Hanaburgh
Meeting started at 7:00pm at Town Hall
- Motion by David seconded by Tom to approve July 27, 2011 meeting minutes. All in favor, Rhonda will email to Katie for posting.
- Swim Team - Kurt Quackenbush of the Rhinebeck Swim Team thanked the committee, town and coaching staff for a great season. They finished 5th place at DUSO's. They had 41 resident and 21 non-resident swimmers this year.
- Safety Plan - Katie will send everyone out the safety plan for our review and will discuss at next meeting.
- Concession Stand - John will talk to several people that have expressed an interest for next year.
- Basketball - Katie will get dates to us. Motion to charge a nominal $25 feel for all families wishing to enroll their child in the program. Motion made by Rhonda, seconded by Joe - No discussion - All in Favor - Motion Passed.
- Dance - Katie will get dates to us. Motion to charge a nominal $25 feel for all families wishing to enroll their child in the program. Motion made by Tom, seconded by David - No discussion - All in Favor - Motion Passed.
- Job Descriptions - Katie will send out job descriptions for our review. We will complete at next month's meeting. We are in need of a program where there is a delegation on authority and someone that is in control.
- Camp - discussion over what personnel positions were needed. Motion by Rhonda, seconded by David to eliminate Assistant Camp Director position. Discussion followed. Vote - all in favor - unanimous - Motion Passed.
- Pavilion policy - tabled to next month.
- Budget - Need further info.
- Disc Golf - Bruce advised course is laid out. He will be putting padlocks on each par so they cannot be stolen. There are nine holes.
- Fields - Tom advised that the fields are washed out right now. Bruce said he had complains that the stone church fields were extremely messy this year - Tom will look into this.
- Tennis - Joe will continue to research this for next year.
- Ice Skate Rink - Joe and Bruce will be setting this up for the winter season.
- Carpet Bowling - Rhonda advised that she was approached by a senior to look into the town purchasing the equipment for this. It is extremely expensive (around $1,000) and right now does not fit into the budget.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:45 pm
Next meeting - September 28th. 7:00pm at Town Hall
Respectfully Submitted by
September 15, 2011