Recreation Committee Meeting Minutes 5-25-11
Town of Rhinebeck
May 25, 2011
Present: Bruce Washburn, Rhonda Hammond, Tom Connolly, Sarah Hanaburgh, David Miller, Katie Clark, John Imperato and Joe Kupiec
Meeting started at 7:00pm at Town Hall
- Motion by Tom seconded by David to approve April 27 2011 meeting minutes. All in favor, Rhonda will email to Katie for posting.
- Summer Hiring - Sheet is attached to minutes for all hired and rates.
- Summer Programs - Erin agreed to a flat fee of $4,500 for summer and she will work 7:30 to 12:30 with other training and scheduling thrown in. BOH was in on May 24th. Our Red Cross certifications can not be done as previously. Erin in looking into other places. Concession Stand is ready - Stacy would like a new refridgerator but our passes BOH inspection. The kiddie pool is in bad shape - will try to make it work this year but maybe a splash pad for next year. Discussion in the fall about this. Aqua Aerobics has a budge of $676 for season. Discussion about paying individually as opposed for season - it was agreed to leave it a flat fee. We will discuss additional policies in fall for weather disruptions. Diving boards are in.
- Pool Opening - Everything looks good for the opening.
- Facilities - it was discussed that the committee take an active role in administering the facilities. Rhonda will take the pavilions, Tom and Joe will handle the courts and fields and John will handle the waterfront.
- Pavilions - Policy for the pavilions not by the pool was discussed and voted on. All in favor - attached to minutes. Again discussed the pavilion by the pool. While pool is open no reservations and everyone MUST pay to enter pool - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Calendar - We are working on this. We are discontinuing the Hoedown for 2011. We are adding Violet Day for 2012. More discussion in July meeting about new events.
- Basketball and Gymnastics. Katie will get dates together and send info for grants.
- Marathon - Discussion lead to David writing a letter to the Marathon people about what is expected of us. Rhonda discussed she did not think the town could sponsor an event that a charity "Riverkeeper" was getting any money. It was decided that we never advised the marathon that we were okay with a charity and they already have flyers out. David and Sarah will continue to work with the marathon people.
- Disc Golf - Bruce advised ready to roll. Sarah will get equipment ready.
- Trails - Opening on May 25th for the trails at 10:30 am.
- Rhinestock - The event took place however, girls bathrooms were not cleaned.
- Tennis - Joe is still working on this.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:30pm
Next meeting - July 6th 7:00pm at Town Hall
Respectfully Submitted by
May 31, 2011