Town Board Meeting Agenda 01-28-08
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
1. Presidential Primary Elections held February 5th from 12 noon to 9 pm.
2. Town and County taxes were mailed last Thursday, January 24th. Taxes are due by February 29th with no penalty.
3. FOCUS the Nation is hosting forum on global warming at Bard College, Reem & Kayden Center for Science and Computation on January 30th at 8 pm. Join them for a live web cast.
1. Update from Town Counsel on Vanderburgh Cove case settled in favor of Town
2. Update from Bob Ellsworth on Thompson Mazzarella Park.
3. Kagan drainage issue on Shatzell/Charles Street in Rhinecliff
4. Village Police Contract
5.Amendment to Town’s local law for enforcement of Uniform Code.
6. Gardens update and letter of credit issues
BUSINESS BEFORE THE BOARD
1. Authorize Deputy Supervisor to assign any Town contracts.
2. Authorize Dep. Supervisor to sign Police Contract with Village of Rhinebeck.
3. Approve Recreation Program Youth Development funds resolution for acceptance of $1,891 in grant funding for winter basketball program.
a. The Town of Rhinebeck will abide by OCFS (Office of Children and Youth Development) as to the propriety of all expenditures upon which State aid is requested;
b. this project will be operated in compliance with the laws, rules, regulations, resolutions, and codes of NYS and pertinent political subdivisions;
c. no youth will be denied the services or facilities of this project because of race, creed, color, sex; and
d. no fee will be charged for the programs supported by State funds.
4. Authorizing transfer of Levi Morton statue in Town Hall to Morton Memorial Library in Rhinecliff.
5. Appoint Herman Tietjen to Rhinecliff Waterfront Committee, term to expire 12/31/2009.
6. Appoint Henry DeVries to Recreation Committee through 12/31/2010.
7. Appoint Bob Babirad to Finance & Control Committee, term to expire 12/31/08.
8. Waterfront Committee request to build a wood pavilion structure on the existing concrete slab at the Rhinecliff Landing.
Whereas, the Waterfront Committee seeks the building of a shelter/pavilion at the Rhinebeck Landing on the existing concrete slab,
Now, therefore be it resolved that the Town Board of the Town of Rhinebeck authorizes the funds to build a wooden pavilion from Capitol Project H27 line 43 06 5720 200. Not to exceed $2,500.
9. Appoint Henry Campbell, Bruce Washburn and Barbara Cunningham as Emergency Interim Successors for 2008.
10. Approval of December 10, 2007, December 27, 2007 and January 4, 2008 Town Board meeting minutes.
11. Accept 2007 annual reports from all departments
12. Approve Abstract 01 08.
13. Approve year end budget transfers.
14. Comprehensive Plan discussion – strategies for moving forward with process
Recess to Executive session to discuss Vanderburgh litigation issues.